»

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Picking the Locations

We knew when we got engaged that our wedding ceremony would be at the Lutheran church where I grew up. I attended kindergarten through 8th grade there, and my parents and siblings still attend the church. Reserving the church turned out to be no problem at all and I honestly didn't even have to do anything. My Mom, who can be over enthusiastic at times about wedding planning, reserved it as soon as we told her what date we were planning. My sister was also married there:


The next step turned out to be a little more difficult. Bryce and I both had an idea of what we were looking for in a reception location. We both like the historical and naturally beautiful places that generally weren't originally intended to be a reception location. We found two that were exceptionally beautiful and had a natural personality. One was an old train station and one was an old brewery.





At this point, I need to back up a little. Before we looked at the reception locations, we sat down to draft a preliminary wedding list. My Dad had a list already together from my older sisters wedding two years ago. Bryce's father had also given us a list that included his side of the family as well as the large step family. Once we added Bryce's mother's list, we were at well over 300 guests. Unfortunately, these locations only held about 200 guests. They were out.

The same caterer who owned the old brewery had another location that was fairly new and would accommodate our guests. We set up a meeting and checked it out. It was 9000 square feet, and had the modern classy look to it which created the ambiance we were looking for. We booked the room two days later.








I am really excited about this location and think its should turn out great!

0 comments: