»

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flowers!

The first item we checked off the massive to-do list (in April) was meeting with a florist and choosing preliminary floral arrangements. Now I realize the a full year in advance may seem a little out of the ordinary for a wedding that is not in peak wedding season, but I digress.

We actually found our florist through a co-worker of mine who was on facebook. She accepted a friend request from a girl she went to high school with and saw that she was now a wedding only florist who lived in my hometown where we are getting married. Talk about a chance discovery! We looked at her work online, and I fell in love with her designs! You can view her website at http://www.rb-weddings.com/.

I decided to go with 30 red black magic roses for my bouquet. I do really like the white roses as well though.


For the bridesmaids, we are using three stem calla lily bouquets tied with maroon ribbon, much like the picture from my previous post. The groomsmen will have a single calla lily and the groom will have a single black magic rose to match my bouquet. I am about 95% certain this is what I want for the wedding party, but who knows what might change before our next meeting with her!!

We picked out our tall centerpieces as well. They will be similar to the photo in that they will be the tall bowed glass jars with black river rocks on the bottom and the three tired red roses with rose petals and candles surrounding them. We will have shorter centerpieces at half the tables but we wont pick those out until we meet with our reception location.



We haven't picked out pew pieces, but I found two simple examples that I like. Obviously, the colors would be slightly different than below, but I am still up for any suggestions.



All in all, we really enjoyed meeting with the florist and getting the preliminary stuff out of the way. Plus we guaranteed an awesome florist for our wedding!
*all photos are original work of the florist, Rose's Bouquets

0 comments: