»

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Choosing the Theme

We decided to go to Lowe's and pick up paint swatches to help us choose our wedding colors. Bryce *loved* the fact that I made him come to Lowe's with me to get them. I originally thought I wanted a black and white color combination. To me there is just something so classy about those colors for a wedding.



I was not 100% sold though, so I decided to look at another combination I had found online. Cherry red & lime green. It was very bright, modern and perfect for a spring wedding.



At Lowes we got just about every red and green swatch available as well as some white and black swatches and took them home. We liked both combinations, but he was much more in favor of the black and white, while I was completely split between the two. We also found that when we placed a dark red (maroon) with the black and white it looked great too! After about a day or two of going back and forth, I was sold on a black and white color scheme with maroon and silver accents. I actually found this picture below that helped me make up my mind.



Since we went with the black and white color scheme, we decided we wanted the event to be classy, simple, and timeless. I guess you could say that is the theme we have chosen.

0 comments: