»

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

DIY

I am not the most creative person, but I figured a couple DIY projects would be a good idea to add a personal touch to the wedding. I chose to make my own programs and favors. I have heard that DIY projects are nice to have, but they can be a huge pain to complete. Hopefully starting 8 months out will give me enough time to make 300 programs and favors without too much stress.

For the programs, I decided to keep it simple. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought black cardstock, white cardstock, vellum, and sheer ribbon in maroon and white. I also purchased a paper cutter/scorer, a necessity if you decide to make your own paper products. I decided to keep the programs the size of a regular piece of paper folded over. The outside is the black card stock. The actual printing will be done on the white card stock on the inside. I cut about an inch off of the top and side of the white cardstock, to leave a black boarder from the cover. I then tied a ribbon around the front cover to hold the white cardstock to the black cardstock. It allows for three pages available for print. On the front i used scrapbook tape to attach a 3 by 3 inch square of white paper printed with a monogram I made in a word document. To finish off the program, I printed our names, date, and location on the vellum and using the scrapbook tape I attached it atop the monogram.

For the favors, we decided to keep along the same theme. We purchased small black Chinese take out boxes and hot glued ribbons around the top. We had a stamp made to stamp the tags we found to hang on the side. We have not decided if they will be pre-filled with candy, or if we will have a candy buffet.

I have only made about 20 boxes and it took quite some time. Hopefully I won't pull all my hair out in the process of making these favors.

0 comments: